Skip to content
- When taking private tuition, you can schedule your lessons Monday – Thursday, 9.00am – 9.00pm UK time, and Friday 9.00am-5.00pm UK time by arrangement with your tutor. This is subject to tutor availability.
- When taking a fixed timetable course, lessons will take place at the times stated. All materials and tasks will be available in the course space. Learners who miss a class will be able to access this material as usual, and are expected to catch up in their own time.
- All payments must be made before the first class.
- Payments are made through PayPal or via bank transfer.
- Customers must pay the full amount of the course.
- Lesson credit is valid for 1 year from the date of purchase.
- Lessons taken after this time period will be subject to additional fees.
Class Cancellations: Private tuition
- Cancellations must be made at least 24 hours before a scheduled private class. In this case, the student will be allowed to reschedule the lesson.
- If a student cancels a private lesson with less than 24 hours notice, they lose credit for that lesson.
- If a student is later than 15 minutes to a private lesson or fails to attend a private lesson, the student will lose credit for that lesson. No refund will be given.
Cancellations by London English Online
- Occasionally, a teacher may have an emergency or illness that will result in the cancellation of your class. The student will be informed by e-mail. The student will not lose credit for this class and will be contacted about rescheduling the cancelled lesson.
Change of tutor
- London English Online reserves the right to offer alternative tutors in the event of illness or other circumstances.
- Teachers will wait online for 15 minutes after the scheduled start time of a private lesson. If the student does not make contact or appear online in this time, London English Online will count the lesson as having been taken and the student will lose credit for that lesson. It is the student’s responsibility to contact London English Online via email: firstname.lastname@example.org, Skype: londonenglishonline, or telephone: +44 (0)20 8144 0728
- Failure by the student to attend a scheduled lesson will result in the student losing credit for that lesson.
- Students who miss a scheduled class on a fixed timetable course will have access to the materials and recordings as usual, and are expected to catch up in their own time.
- It is the students’ responsibility to ensure they have the correct equipment and software at the time of their lesson and that it is in full working order. No refunds will be given for non-attendance due to technical problems.
- In the unlikely event that London English Online is experiencing technical difficulties, we will contact you and reschedule your lesson.
Refunds (In line with the Goods and Services Act 1982)
- Customers have seven working days from the date of purchase to cancel their order, providing they have not taken any classes. Refunds will be transferred within 30 days. Any charges associated with the transfer will be borne by the customer.
- All payments for classes are non-refundable after the course has started except in the following case:
Our “two lesson” guarantee
- If the student is not satisfied with their lessons after the first two classes of their course, a refund of unused credit will be made providing a written request has been made to email@example.com after the first two lessons of a course and before the third.
- Credit already used will be charged at the hourly rate for your lesson package. Refunds will be made through PayPal or bank transfer to the card or account that made the original purchase; any charges associated with the transfer will be borne by the customer.
- No other refunds will be given.
Complaints, problems and issues
- In the first instance, learners experiencing problems or issues should talk to their tutor. If the problem or issue cannot be resolved satisfactorily, either the student or tutor can contact the Director of Studies: firstname.lastname@example.org
- If a student wishes to make a complaint, they can contact the Director of Studies directly: email@example.com